1. General Information
Postgraduate studies in Ecoinformatics strive for top European education and training of staff, who after graduation will be able to meet the needs of industry.
- Name of the proposer: University "Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Faculty of Information Sciences and Computer Engineering - FINKI
- Name of the study program: academic second cycle studies in Ecoinformatics
- Scientific-research area: technical-technological
- Field: Computer Engineering & Informatics
- Area: eco-informatics
- The value of postgraduate studies is 60 ECTS or 120 ECTS credits .
- Duration of studies: 2 or 4 semesters .
- One academic year consists of two semesters lasting 30 weeks (1 semester = 15 weeks).
- The first semester consists of subjects, while the second has a smaller number of subjects and is reserved for the final project, ie. for the master's thesis.
- Admission Requirements : Completed undergraduate studies in the field of informatics or computer technology and informatics with a minimum of 240 credits. For study directions that carry less than 240 credits, exams offered in the introductory layer are added.
- Introductory layer : Students who have earned less than 240 credits during their studies are offered a set of differential introductory courses. After their successful realization, the student acquires the right to continue with the second year of postgraduate studies.
- First semester: 3 Mandatory courses and 2 electives, one of which may be from the University list.
- Second semester: 1 Mandatory and 1 elective, which can be from the university list (only if in the first semester the subjects are selected at the Faculty level) and a final project of 18 ECTS
- 1 ECTS credit corresponds to 30 hours of total work engagement
- The number of contact hours is 4
- The academic title or degree obtained after graduation is
- Master in Information Science and Computer Engineering in the field of Ecoinformatics
Table 3: List of Postgraduate Courses
|РБ||CODE / Subject||Semester||M / E||ECTS|
|1||EI-Z-01 Concepts in Eco-informatics||IX||M||6|
|2||EI-02 Ecological modeling||IX||M||6|
|3||EI-Z-03 Implementation of Geographic Information Systems||IX||M||6|
|4||Elective course 1||IX||E||6|
|6||EI-Z-04 Knowledge Discovery in Environmental data||X||M||6|
|7||Elective course 3||X||E||6|
At least one elective should be chosen from the offered electives in Table 4. At most one of the electives can be chosen from the University list of master's degree programs. A maximum of two electives can be selected from the courses offered at the other postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Information Sciences and Computer Engineering.
Table 4: Electives
|РБ||New Code / Subject||Semester||ECTS|
|1||EI-I-01 Requirements Analysis in Ecosystem informatics||IX||6|
|2||EI-I-02 Monitoring and data processing in environmental engineering||IX||6|
|3||ЕE-E-03 Remote sensing||X||6|
|5||ЕE-E-05 Data visualization||IX||6|
|6||ЕE-E-06 Digital Marketing||X||6|
|7||EI-I-07 Advanced Distributed and Parallel Systems||IX||6|
|8||EI-I-08 Internet Infrastructure Management||IX||6|
|9||ЕE-E-09 Smart Sensor Networks||X||6|
|10||IT-I-10 Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing||X||6|
|11||IT-I-11 Data Science||IX||6|
|12||IS-I-04 Mobile web services||IX||6|
|13||ПС-E-08 Linked Open Data||X||6|
|14||PS-I-07 IoT for Environmental Systems||IX||6|
The student can choose a subject from the list of offered elective courses from all study programs of the second cycle of studies. The list of offered electives can be found on this link .