1. General Information
Postgraduate studies in intelligent systems aim to provide top scientific and research staff to meet the growing demand for highly qualified engineers capable of overcoming the most challenging development, research and process problems. Students in this study program gain knowledge that provides them with great professional flexibility and a wide selection of jobs wherever there is a need to apply problem-solving skills, as well as critical thinking skills, which they will use to solve complex problems. which are in the domain of intelligent systems. Students enrolling and graduating in this field are highly sought after in companies and research centers. In addition to being trained to participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of a variety of applications in the field of intelligent systems, including the business domain, they will have the necessary basis to pursue doctoral studies, as well as to participate in interdisciplinary science projects. and technology.
- Name of the proposer: University "Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Faculty of Information Sciences and Computer Engineering - FINKI
- Course Title: Second Cycle Academic Studies in Intelligent Systems
- Scientific-research area: technical-technological / natural mathematical
- Field: Computer Science and Informatics / Informatics
- Areas: Artificial Intelligence , Intelligent Systems, Databases, Numerical Analysis , < / Algorithms , Information Processing, Data Processing, Robotics, Other .
- The value of postgraduate studies is 60 ECTS or 120 ECTS credits.
- Duration of studies: 2 or 4 semesters .
- One academic year consists of two semesters lasting 30 weeks (1 semester = 15 weeks).
- Admission Requirements : According to the competition announced by the university, completed undergraduate studies in information science, computer or related fields with a minimum of 240 credits. For study directions that carry less than 240 credits, exams offered in the introductory layer are added.
- Introductory layer : Students who have earned less than 240 credits during their studies are offered a set of differential introductory courses. After their successful realization, the student acquires the right to continue with the first semester of postgraduate studies.
- First semester: 3 Mandatory courses and 2 electives, one of which may be from the University list.
- Second semester : 2 electives, one of which can be from the University list (only if in the first semester the subjects are selected at the Faculty level) and a final project - a master's thesis of 18 ECTS. / li>
- 1 ECTS credit corresponds to 30 hours of total employment.
- The number of contact hours is 4.
- The academic title or degree obtained after graduation is
-Master of Information Science and Computer Engineering in Intelligent Systems
Table 3: List of Postgraduate Courses
|РБ||Subject||Semester||M / E||ECTS|
|1||Modeling and fusing unstructured data||IX||M||6|
|2||Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Topics||IX||M||6|
|3||Modern intelligent systems||IX||M||6|
|4||Selected from Table 4||IX||E||6|
|5||Selected from Table 4||IX||E||6|
|6||Selected from Table 4||X||E||6|
|7||Selected from Table 4||X||E||6|
Table 4 shows the electives from the Intelligent Systems study program. In addition to these courses, the student can choose from all elective courses, defined for all study programs, from the second cycle that are serviced by the faculty. It is allowed to choose one elective course from the university list of free elective courses.
Table 4: Electives
|1||Analysis and design of information systems||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|2||Mobile web services||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|3||Algorithms and programming in robotics||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|4||Collective Intelligence||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|5||Intelligent user interfaces||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|6||Introduction to Financial Engineering||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|7||Ambient intelligence||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|8||Data-based business decision-making systems||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|9||Robot systems||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|10||Content based indexing and search||IX||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|11||Evolutionary calculation||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|12||Agent-based modeling||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|13||Knowledge-based information systems||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|14||Computational game theory||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|15||Representation and approximate knowledge discovery||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|16||Human-robot interaction||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|17||Computationalparadigms in the Internet of Things||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|18||Mathematical methods in robotics||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|19||Collaborative computer systems||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|20||Sensor-robotic systems||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|21||Intelligent mobile applications||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|22||Multimodal interaction||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
|23||Discovering knowledge in big graph data||X||6||4 + 0 + 0 + 0|
The student can choose a subject from the list of offered elective courses from all study programs of the second cycle of studies. The list of offered electives can be found on this link .